Here In My Home - Malaysian Artistes For Unity

Wednesday 12 September 2007

Omigawd!

Heh!Heh!Heh! I have noticed lately that I am beginning to emphatise with comic situations like above. Am I turning into one of those geezer characters that says "You Kids Don't Know How Good Your Life Is! In my younger days blah!blah!blah!" Well I do sometimes say such things to my kids in order to make them realise the good times may not roll forever but I never believed that the times I grew up were better than the current times. Life was simpler perhaps but not necessarily better. I used to remember that those times were called the modern times because of all the new gadgets that were coming on line to make life better but I am totally with it on all the new conveniences that we are having now and in the future. Life is really better that way.


But maybe just maybe I yearn for some separation of the rat race and quality living that we used to have. Yup we did not have to call it quality time at the time cause it just happens and you do not really need to schedule it into your life or god forbids your blackberry. That is why I do not regret that if mucho bucks is spent by me on good food and outings. As Mark Twain once said, "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." I am surely hoping that I will still have that twenty years at least. Until then I will keep laughing at such comic situations, or at least with it.

No comments: